It's going to be a windy one out there today.
Environment Canada has issued a wind warning for Okotoks and surrounding areas, they say we could see winds of 70 gusting up to 100 km/h throughout the day.
"Strong winds that may cause damage are expected or occurring. Damage to buildings, such as to roof shingles and windows, may occur. Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions due to high winds. Wind warnings are issued when there is a significant risk of damaging winds."
The winds are expected to gradually slow late this evening and throughout the overnight hours.
The warning is in effect for:
- M.D. of Foothills near Okotoks and De Winton
- M.D. of Foothills near Cayley
- M.D. of Foothills near High River and Aldersyde
- M.D. of Foothills near Longview and Eden Valley Res.
- M.D. of Foothills near Priddis and Brown-Lowery Prov. Park
- M.D. of Foothills near Turner Valley and Black Diamond
- M.D. of Willow Creek near Claresholm and Stavely
- M.D. of Willow Creek near Nanton and Parkland
- Rocky View Co. near Bragg Creek and Tsuu T'ina Res
Questions, comments, or story ideas? Email us at [email protected]