Updated May 22, 2014
The Eagle 100.9 FM, OkotoksOnline.com
No purchase necessary to enter or win.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The contest is open to all Alberta residents who have reached the age of majority in Alberta at the time of entry. Employees, representatives and agents of Golden West Broadcasting Ltd. (“Sponsor”), and its parent companies, affiliates, and advertising and promotion agencies, as well as the immediate family members (spouse, children, parents and siblings) and those living in the same household of such employees, representatives and agents are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited by law.
2. CONTEST ENTRY. Visit us online between the dates specified on the submission page and enter the required information. A skill-testing question may be required. To be eligible for the drawing in any particular Draw Period during the Contest Period, entrant must complete entry before time specified on the last day of the applicable Period. No Entries will be accepted after the entry expiry. Upon submission of your entry online, you may be entered in the Contest for the Draw Period in which your entry is received, subject to eligibility and qualification.
Limit one (1) entry per person, per Draw Period. All entries from individuals found to have entered more than once will be void.
3. IDENTIFICATION. In the event of a dispute over the identity of a potential winner, the potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the person identified on the entry submission and is otherwise eligible to win.
4. PRIZES. Prizes will be listed on the Contest entry page and will be available to be won on the Draw Date(s). At each Draw Date, a random drawing from all eligible entries received during the Draw Period corresponding with that Draw Date will be held. The first entrant whose entry form is drawn on the Draw Date and who otherwise complies with these Contest Rules will be eligible to win a Prize. The chance of being selected will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Draw Period corresponding to the relevant Draw Date. There is a limit of one (1) prize per person during the entire Contest Period unless otherwise stated. Prizes are subject to the terms and conditions that accompany the prize.
5. CONFIRMATION OF POTENTIAL WINNER(S). Sponsor will make reasonable efforts to contact potential winners by telephone and/or email within ten (10) business days following the date of the relevant drawing. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within the time specified above, does not complete the necessary eligibility forms (outlined below) within fourteen (14) days of his/her being informed of his/her name being drawn, does not correctly answer the skill-testing question, is not otherwise an eligible entrant, or does not otherwise comply with the Official Rules, he/she will not win any prize. In this event, the prize may be awarded to an alternate entrant, who will be selected from among the remaining eligible entries. Any alternate winner will have the same rights and obligations as the original winner. To claim a prize, a potential winner must comply with the Official Rules for this Contest, as well as the Terms and Conditions relating to the use of the entry within fourteen (14) days of being informed of his/her name being drawn. Prizes will be available for pick-up by confirmed winners from the location listed above, unless otherwise confirmed in writing.
7. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION. By participating, entrants agree: (1) that Sponsor may use winner’s name, city of residence, photograph, image and/or likeness for advertising and other promotional purposes, without further review or compensation, in any media, in perpetuity and worldwide; and (2) to hold Sponsor, its parent, divisions, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and other agents, and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents and assigns harmless against any and all claims, loss, liability, injury or damage to entrant or any other person or entity due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of their acceptance, possession or use of a prize or their participation in this Contest.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, late, illegible, incomplete, falsified, destroyed, or failed entries, or for any electronic miscommunications or failures of any kind, which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in this Contest. Proof of submitting an entry is not proof of receipt by Sponsor. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Any and all lost, late, illegible, incomplete, falsified, destroyed, or failed entries will be disqualified. No purchase is necessary to enter or win, and a purchase will not increase the odds of your winning.
Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, lost or late entries or faulty transmissions, technical computer hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or interrupted or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled, misrouted, scrambled or delayed computer transmission, or other errors or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human, electronic or otherwise, which may limit or affect in any way an entrant’s ability to participate in this Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the publishing of the offer, administration of this Contest or in the announcement of the prizes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Contest; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of this Contest; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the entry portals on any particular day; or (e) any injury or damage to entrant’s or to any other person’s computer which may be related to or resulting from participating in the Contest or any attempt to obtain further information concerning this Contest.
9. DISQUALIFICATION, MODIFICATION, AND/OR CANCELATION. Sponsor reserves the right to: (1) disqualify any entrant and void any entries of an entrant who has engaged in unsportsmanlike conduct, fraud or other misconduct relative to this Contest or otherwise attempted to tamper with or impair this Contest; and/or (2) to cancel, modify, suspend or terminate this Contest, for any reason, including if, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, technical failures, applicable laws or regulations, virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other cause beyond Sponsor’s control destroys the integrity of this Contest or otherwise corrupts or impairs the administration, security, legality, fairness or proper play of this Contest or any part thereof. Online entries must be made only by the original, manual keystrokes of the individual entrant. Use of any automated system including robotic, or form filling software to enter is prohibited and will result in disqualification of all entries by anyone using such assistance.
Sponsor also reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Contest, or to be acting in any manner Sponsor deems to be disruptive or in violation of the Official Rules, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. If, for any reason, this Contest is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, violation of applicable law or regulation or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest in whole or in part.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. DISPUTES. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted on the entry form at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet service provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
11. PRIVACY. Personal information gathered by Sponsor will be used for the purposes of administering the Contest, contacting potential winners, and as otherwise permitted or required by law. For information on this policy toward maintaining the privacy and security of your information, please refer to the privacy link on the main page of this website.
12. OFFICIAL RULES. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and the judges, which are final and binding in all respects. No cash or other substitution or transfer of prizes is permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Return of any prize notification as non-deliverable or failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in disqualification and an alternate entrant may be randomly selected in accordance with the Official Rules. All taxes for prizes are the sole responsibility of the individual winners. These official rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in writing by a duly authorized representative of the Sponsor. Employees of the Sponsor are not authorized to modify, amend or waive these contest rules.
The Contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws. The Contest and the Official Rules will be exclusively governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Alberta. Any dispute arising hereunder shall be governed by the laws of Alberta and shall be adjudicated in the applicable court.