It's getting late, but the Town of High River still has some sidewalk work to get done this summer.
Council on Monday awarded a contract to East Butte Contracting for just under $157,000.
- Site 1 (Sidewalk replacement): 9th Ave SE between 9th Street and 12th Street
- Site 2 (Sidewalk replacement): 6th Street SE (West) and 8th Ave SE (South)
- Site 3 (Bench pad): SE corner of George Lane Park
- Site 4 (Bench pad): South of George Lane Park
- Site 5 (Bench pad): NW corner of George Lane Park
- Site 6 (Bench pad): Highwood Lake
Bids ranged from $157,000 to over $400,000 although there was no difference in quality of work when the bidders were checked out.
The cost is under budget by about $98,000 with the remaining budget funds intended to replace other sidewalks that have low rating and any other conflicts that arise during construction.
Meantime, work is continuing on the Hampton Hills bypass road with the roundabout at the north end already done.
The intersection at Hampton's Boulevard and 2nd Avenue is closed this week for work on the roundabout there.
Because of the work the Landfill Park entrance is closed for now.
The $2-million project's expected to be completed in the fall.
In response to Canada's Online News Act and Meta (Facebook and Instagram) removing access to local news from their platforms, HighRiverOnline and OkotokOnline encourage you to get your news directly from your trusted source by bookmarking this page and downloading the HighRiverOnline or OkotoksOnline app.