The UCP is holding on to the Livingstone-Macleod riding after Monday's vote.
Chelsae Petrovic took a leave from her position as mayor of Claresholm to run for the UCP to replace Roger Reid.
Petrovic won the riding with over 16,000 votes compared to the NDP's Kevin Van Tighem who finished a distant second in the race with almost 6,500 votes.
Petrovic is a first-time provincial politician and will be joining UCP leader Danielle Smith in the legislature.
Smith won her riding in Brooks-Medicine Hat as did NDP leader Rachel Notley in Edmonton-Strathcona.
Here are the unofficial numbers for all six candidates, they won't become official until June 8.
- Chelsae Petrovic (UCP) - 16,477
- Kevin Van Tighem (NDP) - 6,488
- Kevin Todd (Alberta Party) - 977
- Corrie Toone (The Independence Party of Alberta) - 352
- Dylin Hauser (Liberal) - 194
- Erik Abildgaard (Independent) - 129