Fort Macleod RCMP has laid charges relating to a fatal collision that happened back in October.
On Oct. 21 just before 9 p.m., they responded to a two-vehicle collision at the intersection of Highways 2 and 3 in Fort Macleod.
A Dodge Caravan had collided with a semi-truck and trailer, leaving the adult male driver of the Dodge and two children with serious injuries.
Sadly one of them, a five-year-old child, succumbed to their injuries.
The driver of the semi-truck, 38-year-old Ryan Scott Potts of Brocket, Alberta, is facing the following charges:
- Impaired Operation of a Motor Vehicle Causing Death
- Impaired Operation of Motor Vehicle Causing Bodily Harm
- Impaired Operation of Motor Vehicle
- Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle Causing Death
- Dangerous Operation of Motor Vehicle Causing Bodily Harm
- Operation of Motor Vehicle while Prohibited
- Criminal Negligence Causing Death
- Criminal Negligence Causing Bodily Harm
- Drive Uninsured Motor Vehicle
Potts is wanted on several warrants, and the RCMP are trying to locate him.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to contact Fprt Macleod RCMP at (403) 553-7200.
Tips can also be submitted anonymously via Crime Stoppers at 1 (800) 222-TIPS (8477) or online at www.crimestoppers.ab.ca