It's the final week of school here in the Foothills!
That means kids and teachers alike are excited for a couple of months off to enjoy the summer with their families and friends.
I don't remember giving gifts to teachers when I was younger (it was a long time ago lol) but I did teach for a year a while back and I will say, receiving a small 'thank-you' gift from students and their parents was the most amazing feeling after a year of hard work!
So I really like this idea of sharing the love with a teacher you thought did an awesome job during the school year, if you are in a position to.
Now, I don't know about you but I'm super last minute, I always think about these great things to gift people far too late to be able to actually execute, so I've come up with a list of VERY last-minute, but thoughtful, gifts you can grab for your child's teacher this week!
1. Charcuterie Board - I'm not talking about the actual wooden board...though that would be a great gift as well! I'm talking a nice fancy meat and cheese tray to say "thank you" with! Everyone likes meat or cheese, right? So grab a gift card to Saluté and thank your teacher with a fun night out to enjoy a board...and probably some wine or whiskey too! ;)
2. Manicure/Pedicure - How ever your teacher identifies a nice relaxing mani or pedi from a local salon and spa would be a lovely end-of-year gift! They've been grading papers by hand and teaching on their feet all year, so treat them to a nice spa moment to have them feeling their best heading into summer.
3. A personalized cup - Whether it be a cup, coffee mug, wine glass or tumbler who doesn't like a drinking device that says "Best Teacher Ever"!? The teacher will be reminded of how much their hard work meant to you every time they enjoy their go-to drink.
4. A fun plant - I love this idea. Plants are usually quite reasonably priced and you can grab a fun pot for them with a nice saying on it or a cute design that they can either take home or hopefully keep alive long enough to bring into the classroom to put on display next school year!
5. Gift Cards - I feel like this one is pretty self-explanatory. Who doesn't love a gift card?
And can I just say there is nothing wrong with a good ole fashioned 'Thank you' card! Whether you buy it for your kid(s) to sign or your kid(s) whip one up, a handwritten thank you goes a long way.
Hope this helps! I know it's super last minute since the last day of school is tomorrow (June 28) for the FSD and Wednesday (June 29) for the CTR but thought if anyone is like me, they could use the help. =)
Shout out to the kids, teachers and parents for making it through another school year!