HGTV has put out a casting call for rural entrepreneurs.
They're looking for people who've "left their old lives behind to start a unique business in a rural or remote location."
The program will be hosted by TV handyman Bryan Baeumler, who'll be helping those entrepreneurs with troublesome renovations.
Here's the full list of HGTV's eligibility criteria:
- Project can be tourist-related, (small hotel, B&B, winery, farm, brewpub, B&B), or something completely new.
- Location must be off-the-beaten-path, in a small town or rural/remote area.
- Reno must contain elements of a residential space (ie. a communal lounge, bedroom, Property Manager’s suite, etc.) and areas relating to your business (commercial kitchen, reception, meeting rooms, etc.).
- Must need Bryan’s help with a significant roadblock in the construction process: money issues, family issues, logistical problems, or all of the above.
- Must work with our team on a tight timeline to create a burst of activity while Bryan is on-site so that we can help get you back on track to finish your project.
- Financing must be secured (with a realistic renovation budget) and design plans must be complete.
- Must be available for 6 – 8 shoot dates within a one-two week period.
- Construction must be mid-way before we arrive, and episodes will film over one-two week stretches throughout Spring to late Fall 2023.