Another great weekend ahead of us in the Foothills!
Here's a list of things that have come to our attention that you can checkout:
1. The Friends of the Library Book Sale: Need some new material in your life? Well the friends of the library are friends to you too! Hit up the book sale this weekend to find new reading,listening and watching material by buying books, DVD's and audio-books for just 50 cents each!
When: Friday, May 13th and Saturday, May 14th @ 10 a.m. till 5 p.m.
Where: Okotoks Public Library
2. Salute's Birthday Bash Drag Show - Celebrate Tanya (the owner) and Becky (the bartender) of Salute's Birthday with the one and only Birthday Girl! Okotoks' very own drag queen is bringing the party and her friends to celebrate! It's going to be a Birthday Party Extravaganza! Buy a table for 6 or purchase an individual ticket for $35!
When: Friday, May 13th @ 6 p.m. & 9:30 p.m.
Where: Salute, Okotoks
3. The Point Grand Opening: Remember that teen place that was coming to Okotoks that we were all so hyped about back in January? Well....IT'S OPENING! Pop down and bring the entire family to check out the new space that teens can hang at, feel safe at, and just be themselves at.
Owner of The Point, Sara Rae, shares with us what the Grand Opening will look like! (Clip 1 below)
When: Saturday, May 14th @ 2 p.m. till 6 p.m.
Where: The Point, Okotoks, 107 Stockton Point Unit 1, Okotoks, AB T1S 2C3
4. Big Rock Singers present "Latin Nights": Celebrate 32 years of the Big Rock Singers as they put on an entertaining Latin inspired show! The costumes are colourful, the choreo is spicy and the music is muy caliente! Everything from Enrique Iglesias to Encanto! It's bound to be a fun night filled with incredible music.
Narin Nerland of the Big Rock Singers gives us the inside scoop of what they'll be performing. (Clip 2 below)
When: May 14th @ 3 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Where: Foothills Centennial Centre, Okotoks
5. The Venue's Spring Fever Concert: Embrace your spring fever with the Juno nominated folk duo 'Over the Moon' at the Spring Fever Fundraiser concert. This event is in support of The Venue's building fund. Grab tickets to the event and enjoy the sweet harmonies of this talented Canadian duo live! And just a day before they potentially win the 'Traditional Roots Album' at the 2022 Juno Awards this Sunday, May 15th.
Isabelle Morales, Program Director with High River Performing Arts Foundation, explains what the funding from the event will go towards. (Clip 3 below)
When: Saturday, May 14th @ 2 p.m.
Where: Highwood Centre, High River
6. Hard Knox Brewing - Puttin' On The Foil: Are you ready to rock with some Hillbilly Punk n' Roll this Saturday? We know that you are!
Visit the Hard Knox Brewery Taproom at 7pm and have some drinks with the boys from Puttin' on the Foil - NO COVER, just good times!
When:Saturday, May 14th @ 7 p.m.
Where: Hard Knox Brewing - 445 1st Ave NE, Black Diamond, AB T0L 0H0
7. High Country Rodeo Club District 1 Rodeo: Watch some of the best Junior and Senior High School competitors as they compete in High River this weekend! The goal for the Junior High School contestants is to be in the top ten and advance to the Provincial finals in Nanton the last weekend in May and the top four will get to go to the Nationals in Georgia. As for High School, Provincials are in Olds and the Nationals will be held in Wyoming.
When: Junior High Rodeo, Friday, May 13th at 3:00 p.m., High School rodeo starts Saturday at 10:00 a.m. and Sunday at 11:00 a.m.
Where: High River Ag Grounds, High River
8. 20th Annual Juried Members Exhibition: The Juried Members Exhibition is an annual curated exhibition, with every Leighton Art Centre artist member eligible to submit up to three of their best recent pieces for consideration. With 64 pieces by 38 artists selected from over 300 submissions, this 20th annual celebration of our member artists is a fresh and exciting visual treat.
Where: Leighton Art Centre, 282027 144 St. West, Foothills, Alberta
When: Between 2 and 4 pm on Saturday April 9, 2022
9. High River Hospital Auxiliary fundraiser: High River Hospital Auxiliary will be selling hot dogs and hamburgers at the Nanton Bomber Museum's special event being held on Saturday May 14th
When: Saturday, May 14, 2022 at 10:00AM
Where: Nanton Bomber Museum
There's this weekend's edition of what to check out! Hope you get the chance to take some of these events in and have a great time while doing it! If we missed something please feel free to drop an event in the comments.
~ Shayne and Logan